Simon Says Stamp Spotlight

4:17 PM

Hey there! It's Lizzie :) Today I have three cards that I want to share with you that feature the same, fun, summery stamp set in different ways. The stamp set came with my August Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp and I think it is so versatile!! Let's get right into the cards :)

This first card was made entirely from items included in the kit. I cut two simple banner shapes from the printed paper and arranged three cloud puffy stickers with a sun peeking through next to the banners (also included in the kit.) 







To finish off this fairly simple card, I stamped the "Hello" sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and die cut "sunshine" from Neenah Solar White Card Stock. I did a slight ombre look on the sunshine die by ink blending Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink onto it. Then, everything was attached to a piece of Simon Says Stamp Fog Card Stock and adhered to a Neenah Solar White A2 Card Base. 



Didn't that turn out so cute? I think I'm going to give this one to my niece. :)





For my second card, I decided I wanted to use up all my little left over pieces of scrap paper I had from the printed papers included in the kit. They are too pretty to just throw away! So I took out my Tombow Stamp Runner and went crazy on the front of this card. I grabbed all my little pieces of scraps I had and arranged them in a diagonal pattern onto a piece of Neenah Solar White Card Stock...yes, this took an EXTREMELY long time! Haha :) 






After all the pieces were glued down, I trimmed the piece down to fit a regular A2 card base. I stamped that same "Hello" sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink directly onto the card base and filled it in with some Clear Wink of Stella. 



I NEVER make cards like this so it was fun to try something different! Definitely a great way to use up all your little pieces of pretty patterned paper you have lying around!




Ok you guys. This is BY FAR my favorite card! Possibly one of my favorite cards I've ever made. I really like using Distress Inks for watercolor and was inspired to make this card by the extremely talented, Kristina Werner. Her YouTube videos really sparked my interest in card making!





To begin this card, I die cut a stitched circle from watercolor paper and made sure it was wide enough to fit my "hello" sentiment inside. Next, I used Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black Pigment Ink and clear heat embossed the "hello" sentiment. I used pigment ink because it takes longer to dry which would allow me to use clear embossing powder to "seal" it in. This way, once I watercolored on top of it, the sentiment now will act as a resist to the watercolor. Pretty cool huh? 




The Distress Inks I used are from left to right: Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, and Salty Ocean. I just LOVE how this turned out!

To finish off the card, I took a piece of patterned paper from the kit and cut it down to be slightly smaller than an A2 card and used a 1/4" corner chomped. I added three small puffy stickers in the top left corner and adhered the watercolor piece to the center of the card with foam tape. 


Thank you so much for reading today! :) Comments are greatly appreciated!

Lizzie




You Might Also Like

0 comments